Are you a webmaster and runs your website(Blog or E-commerce) based on the WordPress CMS?
If yes, then, you are in the perfect place as in this article, we are going to list the best Paid and free Caching Plugin that is very beneficial to give a hyper-speed to your WordPress website.
Before, we ahead to a list of the best paid caching plugins, let us discuss the basic concept of caching.
What is caching?
WordPress Caching or simply caching is a process to store copies of your wordpress pages in your own Server or at the CDN around the globe to give a very good user experience to the visitors. At wordpress, this Caching use to be done by some wordpress plugins. These caching plugins temporarily save or preload your webpages, which ensures servers need not process information every time visitors access a website or application.
There are lots of benefits to caching the wordpress website as caching helps to improve the Speed of the website while saving the resource used to process the query.
How caching works on the wordpress website?
There are almost three ways to cache the wordpress website i.e Client-Side Caching, Server-Side Caching, and CDN-side Caching. Let us discuss these three caching one by one:
Client-Side Caching or Browser-Side Caching:
The server-side caching includes:
- Page caching
- Database query caching
- Object-based caching
- Opcode caching
Page-Caching is a simplest and most used caching in
Databases are the backbone of the wordpress website either your website doesn’t have any plugin installed or your website have lots of wordpress plugins. We all know a database query used to take lots of time and energy of your server. To save this time and energy, we often cache this into the RAM.
Full Page Caching:
As Webmaster, we often try to cache the whole wordpress webpage but it tends to be impossible as every webpage is a dynamic webpage.
We have only one way to cache the whole webpage I.e pre-loading. So, we have to consider only those wordpress plugins that offer to preload.
Best paid caching plugin of wordpress:
In this section of this article, we are going to list the best caching plugin available for
Features of Wprocket:
- Cache preloading (two different methods)
- Browser caching
- GZIP compression
- Database optimization
- Minification and concatenation
- DNS prefetching
- Lazy loading
Pricing: WPRocket Cache Plugin
The sprocket use to cost $49 per year for one website while it goes up to $249 for an unlimited number of websites for one year of updates.
WP Fastest Cache: Freemium Cache Plugin
WP Fastest Cache is a freemium cache plugin with a complex interface. In its paid version, its use to offer it use to offer some silent features. Some of these silent features are listed below:
- Minification and concatenation
- GZIP compression
- Browser caching
- Cache preload
- Image Optimization For Free (Webp)
Pricing: WP Fastest Cache
The pricing of WP Fastest Cache use to start from $49 per year with image optimizations.
W3 Total Cache: Most sophisticated wordpress Cache Plugin
W3 Total Cache is a freemium wordpress plugin that helps you speed up your WordPress website with all the necessary tools for beginner, intermediate and advanced WordPress users to accelerate your SEO, User Experience and Search Rankings. It is a most sophisticated wordpress cache plugin.
Features: W3 Total Cache
- Opcode cache
- Database cache
- Object cache
- Browser cache
- Fragment cache
Pricing of W3 Total Cache:
The pricing of W3 Total Cache use to start from 8.85$ per month
Wp Super Cache is a free wordpress plugin developed by the mother of
The static HTML files will be served to the vast majority of your users:
- Users who are not logged in.
- Users who have not left a comment on your blog.
- Or users who have not viewed a password protected post.
99% of your visitors will be served static HTML files. One cached file can be served thousands of times. Other visitors will be served custom cached files tailored to their visit. If they are logged in, or have left comments those details will be displayed and cached for them.
- Exclude specific content from being cached
- Integrate with a CDN
- Enable cache preloading functionality
- Add browser caching
Cache Enabler is a simple, yet powerful WordPress caching plugin that is easy to use, needs minimal configuration, and best of all helps improve site performance for a faster load time. It is backed by the KEYCDN and costs zero dollars per month.
It creates static HTML files of frontend pages and stores them on the server’s disk. This allows the static HTML files to be delivered instead of generating pages on the fly, avoiding resource-intensive backend processes from the WordPress core, plugins, and database.
- Fast and efficient cache engine
- Automatic smart cache clearing
- Manual cache clearing
- WP-CLI cache clearing
- Cache expiry
- WebP support (convert images to WebP with Optimus)
- Mobile support
- Brotli and Gzip pre-compression support
- Real-time cache size display in the WordPress dashboard
- Custom post type support
304 Not Modifiedsupport
Sucuri is a caching cum best firewall and security plugin. The main motto of this cache plugin is to provide a firewall to wordpress websites and caching as a free add-on to the webmasters.
It’s a must to have a solution for every wordpress website as it offer firewall at the DNS level. It works almost like Cloudflare with a additional feature “PRe-loading”. This Preloading makes a secure and fastest solution for wordpress websites.
The Comet Cache plugin uses configuration options that you select from the options panel. Comet Cache -› Options in your Dashboard. Once a file has been cached, Comet Cache uses advanced techniques that allow it to recognize when it should and should not serve a cached version of the file.
By default, Comet Cache does not serve cached pages to users who are logged in, or to users who have left comments recently. Comet Cache also excludes administrative pages, login pages, POST/PUT/DELETE/GET(w/ query string) requests and/or CLI processes.
- SIMPLE and well-documented configuration (just enable and you’re all set!).
- Options to control the automatic cache clearing behavior for Home and Posts Page, Author Page, Category, Tag, and Custom Term Archives, Custom Post Type Archives, RSS/RDF/ATOM Feeds, and XML Sitemaps.
- URI exclusion patterns (now supporting wildcards too).
- User-Agent exclusion patterns (now supporting wildcards too).
- HTTP referrer exclusion patterns (now supporting wildcards too).
- The ability to set an automatic expiration time for cache files.
- Client-Side Caching (to allow double-caching in the client-side browser).
- Caching for 404 requests to reduce the impact of those requests on the server.
- RSS, RDF, and Atom Feed caching.
- The ability to cache or ignore URLs that contain query strings (GET Requests).
- Apache Optimizations to enable GZIP Compression.
- WP-CLI Compatibility.
- An Advanced Cache Plugin system for theme and plugin developers.
- The ability to cache logged-in users too! (VERY powerful, particularly for membership sites).
- A new improved “Clear Cache” button in the admin bar (along with an option to enable/disable this feature).
- Options for Automatic and Intelligent Cache Clearing of Posts, Pages, Custom Post Types, Categories, Tags, Links, Themes, Users, and more.
- The ability to disable Dashboard notifications related to automatic clearing/purging on change detections.
- ability to clear Markdown-related cache files generated by the s2Clean theme for WordPress (if installed).
- The ability to run custom PHP code whenever the cache is cleared.
- The ability to Auto-Clear a List of Custom URLs.
- Clear Cache User Permissions to give other users permission to clear the cache by specifying a list of Roles and/or Capabilities.
- Cache Statistics to help you gain insight into the status of your site cache.
- Import/Export functionality for Comet Cache configuration files.
- A Dynamic Version Salt (customize the caching engine).
- Multisite Host Exclusion Patterns to exclude specific child blogs from being cached in a Multisite Network.
- Mobile Mode that supports creating multiple versions of the cache for sites with adaptive designs.
- HTML Compressor to automatically combine and compresses CSS/JS/HTML code.
- Auto-Cache Engine to pre-cache your site at 15-minute intervals.
- Static CDN Filters to serve some and/or ALL static files on your site from a CDN of your choosing, including support for Multiple CDN Host Names, Domain Sharding, and WordPress Multisite Networks.
- Domain Sharding / Multiple CDN Hosts to work around concurrency limits and make it possible for browsers to download more resources simultaneously.
- Server Load Monitoring to avoid regenerating the cache while the server is very busy by specifying a maximum server load average.
- Cache Statistics and Charts to analyze statistics about the page cache, HTML Compressor cache, PHP OPCache, and server health.
- Apache Optimizations to enable web server GZIP Compression, Leverage Browser Caching, Enforce Canonical URLs, and more.
- An Automatic Updater to update Comet Cache Pro from your WordPress Dashboard.
- Compatibility with ManageWP and InfiniteWP.
- Rockstar support for all Comet Cache features.
Hyper Cache is a cache plugin specifically written to get the maximum speed for your WordPress blog. It can be used in low resource hosting as well on high-end servers.
- Mobile aware: double cache for desktop and mobile site versions
- HTTPS ready
- Mobile theme switch option: change the theme on mobile device detection
- Able to serve expired pages to bots to increase the perceived blog speed by bots
- Manages compression even on the fly for non cached pages
- Lots of configurable bypasses: matching cookies, matching urls, user agents, …
- Comments aware: is able to serve cached pages even to visitors who commented the blog (perfect for blog with great readers paritipation)
- Cache folder can be moved outside your blog space to exclude it from backups
- Controls over cache cleaning on blog events (post edited, comments, …)
- Autoclean to controls the cache used disk space
- CDN support
- Other special options
- Response header signature to check the working status
- bbPress specific integration
Built-in cache: Managed WordPress hosting Solution
We have talked about the leading wordpress cache plugin that is available now a day. But we have not included the best wordpress cache plugins that are being offered by the managed WordPress Hosting providers. So, we have listed down the best cache plugins provided by managed hosting provided. These Plugins are listed below:
The dynamic-level and Full-page level caching use to be done by the SG cache. So, the SG cache is a backbone of the Siteground’s fast loading time. (Here is a detailed review of Siteground.)
Bluehost use to offer an inbuilt cache for the website hosted on its platform. This hosting solution is a pretty well Hosting Solution with a high webpage loading speed.
WP Engine Caching
Wp-Engine Caching is a backbone of the wordpress website hosted on the wp-engine. It is one of the most successful and powerful managed wordpress hosting providers.
Webmasters can easily purge cache in just one click from their dashboard.
The Breeze WordPress Plugin is in-house developed by